Research shows that people shop from places that share their values.
- 72% of consumers see a company’s values as a deal breaker or deciding factor when considering which brand to buy.
- 69% want brands to be more involved in societal issues and express their values.
- Another study found that a third of consumers want to buy from brands that are making a positive social or environmental impact.
- Supporting businesses with a purpose is especially meaningful for young people. According to one survey, nearly two-thirds of millennials and Gen Z favor brands that have a point of view and stand for something.
This holiday season, Open to All is making it easy to harness our collective consumer purchasing power and invest in businesses that are taking a stand for inclusion and diversity.
Today, Open to All released its first-ever Open to All Holiday Gift Guide to encourage consumers to support inclusive businesses this holiday season.
The Holiday Gift Guide features products from some of the most iconic brands at every price point. The guide covers an array of inclusive retailers who celebrate the core principle that any business that is open to the public should make every person feel safe and welcome—regardless of race, ethnicity, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, immigration status, religion or disability. Click here to view the Holiday Shopping Guide in a PDF format.
Building on Open to All’s ongoing work with Yelp, starting today, people can filter by “Open to All”—an attribute which allows businesses to distinguish themselves as a safe and welcoming place to everyone—when searching for restaurants, shops, bakeries, tailors, and much more. Yelp users will also be able to identify participating businesses by the newly designed “Open to All” icon displayed on their Yelp page. These new features make it easier than ever for consumers to support inclusive businesses.
Among the Holiday Gift Guide’s featured businesses is Sephora, which today announced it is joining the growing and vocal network of major brands uniting under Open to All’s banner—including Yelp, Gap Inc., Old Navy, Coach, kate spade new york, Chronicle Books, Fossil, Lacoste, Michaels Craft Stores, Steve Madden, Tiffany & Co., H&M, and thousands of small businesses.
At a time of deep divisions, Open to All nonprofits and businesses are joining together from all walks of life and working to build a thriving and inclusive nation where all are welcome. When we value our employees and care for our customers and each other, we all thrive.
- SHOP: This holiday season, support businesses who support you and your loved ones! With our holiday gift guide, you can give the gift of inclusion by shopping at businesses and brands that have taken the pledge to be #OpenToAll: opentoall.com/2019giftguide
- SEARCH: Find your local Open to All businesses using the Yelp app or at Yelp.com
- SIGN: If your business is Open to All, sign the pledge and check the Open to All attribute on Yelp